RealView Debugger: Error: E003A: Symbol not found Cannot set breakpoint in one particular file
Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:47 PM
I get this error when I attempt to set the break point:
Error: E003A: Symbol not found.
At one point I was able to set break points
To fix the issue I tried the following:
1. Cleaned out the entire build manually, and rebuilt the debug symbols.
2. Made sure I load the correct .axf file
3. I can see my code is being executed. For example I put/change debug prints to make sure it’s the right code and is being called by other modules. So it is included in the build.
4. Asked coworkers to do the same, some experience the problem and others don’t. One co-worker, cleaned out his build, like me and it started working again.
5. I can set breakpoints in other files in the same library/folder and in other libraries in my project
I am using the RVDEBUG version 4.1.1 build 25.
Is there something I can do to via the debugger that I can clean up or restore? Is there some stale project auto generated file that I can remove?